How to Get Your Claims Reimbursed
Nothing is more annoying than jumping through hoops to get reimbursement after paying out-of-pocket for an expense. We at myHSA want our users to get paid back as soon as possible! So, I thought it might be helpful to provide instructions on how to get claims reimbursed the FIRST time you submit (without any need to follow up!)
Here’s a step-by-step guide to successfully claim services!
1. Collect the Official Service Receipt: Obtain the official receipt from the healthcare service provider. This receipt should contain the following essential information:
Patient Name: Ensure that your name or the name of the individual who received the service is clearly mentioned on the receipt.
Provider’s Name and Credentials: The receipt should display the healthcare provider’s name, professional credentials, and contact information. This information validates the legitimacy of the service provider under the CRA list.
Description of Services Provided: The receipt must outline the specific services received or treatments provided. This could be a breakdown of medical procedures, consultations, or treatments.
Service Date: The date or dates when the services were rendered must be clearly stated on the receipt.
Charges: The cost of the services provided should be itemized on the receipt. This includes the fees for each service received.
Payment Details: Any payments made, whether by cash, credit card, or other means, should be documented on the receipt. This includes the amount paid and the method of payment.
2. Check the Eligibility of Practitioner: Ensure that the services were provided by an eligible healthcare practitioner. There are specific guidelines set forth by the CRA regarding the types of practitioners whose services are eligible for reimbursement.
3. Submit the Receipt for Claim: Once you have gathered the official service receipt with all the necessary details, you can proceed to submit it for a claim through your myHSA account. Log in to your myHSA portal and navigate to “Make a Claim”.
4. Wait for Approval: After submitting the claim, we will review the receipt within 1-3 days! If the receipt contains all the required information and the services are eligible, it will be approved and pay out the following Wednesday or Friday. The funds for the approved amount will be reimbursed to you via direct deposit to the bank information under your “Settings” tab!
5. Remember to retain a copy of the receipt for your records. If there are any discrepancies or if the receipt is incomplete, your adjudicator may ask for additional information, so it’s best to hold onto it at least until you are reimbursed.
6. Celebrate because it was so easy!